Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Colors

Maybe you can tell from the new background, I am ready for spring. I don't know why it seems like spring is always the slowest season to come. Maybe it's because I like spring and dislike winter, or because the weather here is so crazy. It will feel like spring one day and get your hopes all up, then crush you the next with a blast of winter. Anyway, I thought I would start getting into the feel of it by making it look a little more like it anyway. I am in the mood for a change as well, and this is really the only thing that can change right now! It may change again soon. :o)

The girls are outgrowing all their winter clothes, but it is still too cold to buy them new spring clothes! I am getting frustrated! :o) For now I guess they will just have their ankles and bellies showing. Natalie is loving her gymnastics on Tuesday nights. She goes back to the Dr next week to check her weight again. She is doing good, so hopefully we will be able to stop the medication. Gabbie goes back to the Dr next week also to have her ears checked again. She has had an ear infection for close to a month. The first round of antibiotics didn't make it go away so we had to go back to the Dr a couple of weeks later for more. She still hasn't cut anymore teeth. I think the next ones are right there about to come in, but I have been saying that for awhile now! This time I REALLY do think so though! I hope they hurry. She only wants to eat "Big Girl" food, and that is hard to do with only 4 teeth in the front!

We have started going to a new couple's lifegroup on Wednesday nights. We really like it, even though the couples in it are older than in our last group. There is one other couple that is close to our age and they have a 2 little girls. One is 2 months older than Natalie and the other is about 6 months older than Gabbie.


Right now the group is going through the study Honor's Reward, by John Bevere. We are doing the video study that goes with the book. It is so so so so so good!! I HIGHLY recommend it to everybody! We are only 3 weeks into it, but I love it. I am learning so much. It is FULL of stuff that I never thought about, and GREAT lessons from the Bible about honor, and how God rewards our honor. It's awesome.

Nothing very blogworthy is happening around here, so I don't have much to post about. It has just been a long time since I have posted anything, so I thought that I needed to post something anyway. As soon as something blogworthy comes up...you will be the first to know!

2 comments:

Lavonda Pflug said...

I love the new look. I know what you mean about needing to change something and your blog background is the only thing within your power to change! Frustrating isn't it? Sometimes it helps me to clean out a closet or a dresser drawer. I'm just wierd that way. Snow has been blowing around here most of the day all while the sun has been shining. I am SO ready for spring too!!
Thanks for the update.

Messenger International said...

So great to hear you are going through Honor's Reward. Thanks for sharing that!

We'd love for you to check out John & Lisa Bevere's blogs...

www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com - sharing life-transforming truth

www.PearlAlliance.blogspot.com - fighting human trafficking

Blessings!