Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things

I was recently "tagged" to post 7 facts about me on my blog. I didn't do it because I didn't think that I could come up with 7 things! (I'm a pretty dull person) Then I was tagged REPEATEDLY on facebook, so I thought I would try it. So here is what I came up with. Maybe somebody will find out something about me that they didn't know before.



1. I have lived in this area my whole life with the exception of 6 months that I lived in Kansas.

2. I didn't meet my Father-In-Law until almost 1 year after I got married.

3. My first time on an airplane wasn't until I was 20.

4. I was in Mexico in 2003, the day we first dropped the bomb on Iraq starting the war. It was a little scary.

5. On Sept 11, 2001 while watching the news of the attacks in NYC, I felt compelled to pray for my future husband. I did even though I thought it was kinda crazy. Two years later (after we met) I found out that Tony was in NYC on that day, not far from ground zero.

6. Tony and I went to the same church, hung out with the same people, lived in the same neighborhood, and went to some of the same places when we were in middle school. We never met though. He moved to town just months after we moved to Kansas (see no. 1).

7. I have only been to 9 states, not counting the one I live in.

8. I didn't go to college. I knew God was calling me to be a mother, so I didn't waste my money. I do not regret it.

9. If I wasn't a mother, I would probably be a missionary or work with troubled kids.

10. I didn't have a boyfriend, or kiss until I was 18...and I married my first one!

11. I never went to public school.

12. I plan to home school my kids.

13. Most all of my friendships are online. I don't actually see any of them except Whitney, and my family. I still consider them friends though, and this way it doesn't matter if one of us moves away.

14. The births of my 2 daughters were so similar they could have been twins. They were born on the same day of the week, 10 min apart, and there was only 1 oz and 3/4 inches difference in their size.

15. I moved during both of my pregnancies...I really hope I don't have to do that again!

16. I hate spiders and make Tony kill them for me. However, he hates moths, and I usually have to kill them for him.

17. I have only gotten my hair cut once a year for the past 3 years at least. I don't do that on purpose, it just so happened to be that way.

18. We only own 1 car right now.

19. I used to be really good at memorizing scripture. (Thanks to AWANAs)

20. I used to play the keyboard for my church. I haven't played in a long time though.

21. I used to love to read. Now unless I can get into the book in the first couple of pages I don't read much. I get interrupted too much.

22. I love sweet iced tea. I think I could drink it all the time.

23. I have actually had a caffeine IV.

24. I love late Spring! It brings back memories from my childhood of playing outside all day.

25. My favorite restaurant meal is probably a Southwestern Cobb Salad and a Blackberry Tea from Chili's! Yummy! (nobody has to know that I used to work at Applebee's!)

3 comments:

Lavonda Pflug said...

I love all 25!

Rachel said...

#8 - Me too! I have no regrets, either. I know I am living my calling, and it didn't take me $30,000 in school debt to figure out this is what I want to be!
#23 - A caffeine IV? Seriously? What for?

Tricia said...

The caffeine IV was while I was in the hospital when Gabbie was born. I had SUCH a HORRIBLE headache and they thought that caffeine might help make it better. I was drinking all the coffee and Dr. Pepper that I possibly could, so they gave it to me in an IV too! It didn't help the headache, and I was on morphine too, so it didn't make me wired. Now I can say that I have had one! How many college students would like to be able to say that? :)