Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So much Happening

You may have noticed that I changed the name of my blog. I wasn't really liking the old one anymore, and I think with all the stuff that is going on with us it may not apply as well anymore also. I'm going to give this new title a chance, and see how I like it. Now we are not in Hawaii yet, but the movers come in a little less than 3 weeks, and I may not have time to make any changes to my blog between now and then.

Here are some highlights of what has been going on since my last post.

We got our tax refund (yay!)and bought our first grill! We are excited that we will be able to use it so much once we move! There will be lots of great grilling weather. We are using it a lot now, even though it's kinda cold still. We are trying to use up the bottle of gas before we move, as the movers won't move that.

We took a quick trip to Houston to see Clint and Kaleena and we took Molly to her new home. Kaleena works with a lady that wanted to adopt her when she heard that we couldn't take her to Hawaii with us. It would cost us around $1000 to get her there, and we just couldn't spend that on a dog. Molly has a GREAT new home, and even has a "brother" (they already had a dachshund) to play with. She took to her new family right away and is getting spoiled beyond belief! We keep in touch with her her family and she is still doing great! The girls hardly even noticed that she was gone, which is a huge relief. I didn't want them to miss her too bad.

Tony's grandmother from Rhode Island came to visit us last weekend. We had fun seeing her again.

We have been busy trying to get all the details lined up for our move. There are so many details too! Then the military lost some of the paperwork, so we had to repeat a step. They messed up a couple of things the first time, so we had to repeat those steps also. When they reserved the flight they only got a ticket for Tony, so he had to go back and get them to fix that too. We finally got everything that we needed to get official orders. Yay! After we got orders then we had to set up the date for the movers to come, a time to drop off the car that the military is shipping in Dallas. We are shipping our other car ourselves, so we had to set that up also. There was so many things we had to do, and we didn't have much time to do it in! I think it is all done now though!

The movers come for our main shipment of stuff on the 29th, and then our unaccompanied baggage ships out on the 30th. The unaccompanied baggage is stuff that we will need before our other shipment gets to us. (like more clothes, some toys etc.) It will take a little over a month for our household stuff to get to us. Since we are going overseas we are allowed this other shipment. They ship it quicker, so we will get it not long after we get there. That will help so much! I was wondering how I was going to fit everything in the suitcases! Tony's car will be picked up on the 18th, and it should be waiting for us on the island when we get there! It will be interesting seeing the 4 of us crammed into the tiny 2 door car, but it is better than having to rent one for a few weeks. Better money-wise anyway.

Well that's some of the main stuff that has been keeping us busy. Of course we have all the daily stuff that doesn't stop to allow time for all the extra stuff we have to do! I have 2 weeks to have the house spotless, and deep cleaned and ready for housing to look it over. It would be sooo nice if the messes could stop for a bit to allow me to do this extra cleaning, but that's not how it works with 2 toddlers! I'm going to have to work super hard!

Tony has his last day of classroom instruction today! Yay! Next he has about a week of mock deployment work to do. He will be doing hands on stuff like he would doing on a deployment. He will get to put to use (on a pretend scenario) some of this stuff that he has been learning the last 6 months! He graduates Tech school on March 18th! FINALLY! He has to take an additional class before we move. It starts on the 22nd, and runs through the 6th of April. April 7th he will have final paperwork and out-processing to do and then we will drive to Dallas that evening. We drop the car off for shipment the next day, and then fly out on the 9th!

As you can see, we have lots to do in the next 4 weeks! I don't know if I will be able to check back in and update before the move or not. I will try, but no promises.

Happy Spring everybody! I for one am very glad to see the weather getting warmer. Spring is my favorite season! (Now I better get back to that To Do list.)


Talkin' Texan said...

I guess the bug is in the air. I'm in the mood to change the name of my blog too. I'm getting a whole new makeover so I'm excited! This is a busy spring that will go by fast for you will suddenly go from spring to forever summer in 7 hours once you get on that plane. Enjoy your little bit of favorite season while you can. :)

Rachel said...

I like the new blog name!
Good luck on your moving.... So much to do, so little time, huh? I hope it all goes smoothly from here on out.